RALEIGH, NC – The National Hockey League’s Carolina Hurricanes today announced that the team will hold a special launch event on Wednesday, Nov. 2, to announce details of its new “Homegrown Series,” which will showcase the best its North Carolina community has to offer in local music, art, clothing, food and beer. The Homegrown Series will include eight Hurricanes home games during the 2016-17 season, beginning on Friday, Nov. 18, when the Hurricanes host the Montreal Canadiens.
Guests at the launch event will have the opportunity to:
- Sample all eight food items which will be individually featured at the eight games.
- Sample beer from six local breweries. All six will be offered at all Hurricanes home games, but individual breweries will offer four-beer flights on Homegrown Series game nights.
- See the first t-shirts from four local clothing partners – a new shirt will debut for each Homegrown game.
- Talk to representatives from Deep South Entertainment, the local music label which will help the Hurricanes book acts for each Homegrown Series game. Each band will play five-minute sets during both game intermissions.
- Meet with representatives from Artspace, a local visual arts non-profit, which has worked with the team to identify artists who will create game posters for each of the eight games.
For more information or to RSVP, please email Mike Sundheim or Kyle Hanlin.